...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Thursday, January 4, 2007

Send good vibes this way...

M has an interview for the arborist position today. He claims he's not nervous, but he's acting like he is. I don't blame him - this will be a HUGE change in things. First, he's been the at-home parent for 2 and a half years, and this will be a fulltime+ position. Secondly, it will ease some of our money struggles. We're used to "living on the edge", so this is a change. No, it won't make us suddenly rich, but just a bit more stable. Third, I will be the primary at-home parent if M gets this job. I will have to do more of the housework, and I'll suddenly have a lot more time alone with the kids. There are both pros and cons to this... pros: I look forward to the time with the kids; I will get to (have to?) run the house MY way (that sounds bad, but am not sure how else to put it - I have my own ideas of household organization, and he has his)... cons: I won't have M around for backup all the time; I will have to do more cleaning (maybe I need to figure out a real system for this - I tried FlyLady but the email was overwhelming); the kids will miss having their Daddy around. I do like that it is a day time job, so M will be home in the evenings to have dinner with us, etc. I really hope this interview today goes well - I think M would enjoy working OUTside the home again!

In other news, I have decided at long last to join a CSA. There's a local one I can pick up from on the way home from work. I look forward to this as I want us to eat more seasonally, and eating locally is always a good thing.

Guess that's all for now!

1 comment:

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)