...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Friday, January 5, 2007

The universe is weird...

M had his interview, which went quite well, btw. The interviewer was very impressed with his knowledge and qualifications, so we're hoping to hear from him in the next few days. M said his last words were "It was great to have had you in for an interview. Let me check your personal references & I'll call you." Sounds good, right? Then, we get home, and there's a message from another company wanting to know if M would like to come in for an interview. An hour later, the phone rings, and it's M's brother, letting him know that a position as warehouse manager (for the company BIL works for) may be opening up as soon as Tuesday, and would M like the job? Wow.

I just finished reading the book "Miserly Moms". I think the author has some good ideas of ways to cut down on expenses, but I'd definately have to tweak a bit of it here and there. She had some very good points about how people used to reuse things a LOT more than they do now. I do buy a lot of stuff secondhand - clothes, books, even my car - but there are other smaller things I could be doing too. Plus, the author is right about groceries... when I pay attention to sales and make menus and lists, I come out ahead compared to shopping on the fly. No, this does not mean I am going to start buying those giant packages of cheap hamburger, because no one in my house would eat it. But, I could do a better job of stocking up on ground turkey when it's on sale! Altogether, it was actually a pretty enjoyable read!

1 comment:

  1. G, Oh my gosh, I JUST now got the comment you left on my livejournal back in August, I think. I have no earthly clue why I didn't see it there before! I'm so sorry! If you get an lj and friend me, I'll friend you back and then you can read everything there when you're logged in. Ack, I feel like such a jerk for not noticing it before!

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)