...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Monday, January 22, 2007

What an evening...

We started with Phonic Pathways today. Although C.O. knows the stuff early on in the book, we decided to review, so that we can follow the overall pattern of the book. It was a decent reading/sound session - we sat in the big livingroom chair together, and then he unwound with scooter time. After a late lunch, we were just sitting down at the kitchen table to do math, when the phone rang. It was my BIL, and he wanted to know if the whole family would like to go out to Chuck E. Cheese's for dinner & fun. So, C.O. rushed to finish his math, a page in Maps, Graphs, Globes (review of the four cardinal directions), and two pages in HWOT. C.O. got so excited - as he has seen commercials for this place - that he couldn't for the life of him remember what 9+9 is, finally C.J. piped up "Silly, 9+9 equals 18!". Then he and C.J. (who spent all this school time drawing a very detailed caterpillar) anxiously colored and ran to the door, looking for their uncle. Finally he arrived, and off we all went! While the food isn't fantastic (I was smart & got the salad bar), we had absolute tons of fun! The kids climbed all over everything and played about a million games. C.O. even beat me at air hockey, and I really am a pretty decent player! Then, at long last, they traded in all the tickets they won for silly little toys, and we are now quiet at home. They're worn out and I have the beginning of a headache, but really, it was worth it!

We're really enjoying our planetary studies - both kids can tell me which planets are the biggest and the smallest, and the order (going outwards from the sun) of the first 4 planets. Plus, C.O. can identify Venus in the evening sky, and C.J. made a great picture of Saturn, her personal favorite (and mine!). Homeschool is once again being fun, now that I am not irritable, grumpy and overdemanding!

1 comment:

  1. You should have more children! Everyone I know needs to have 3 children so that we can all share the love (and suffering) together. ;) BTW, thanks for saying that Grey was the cutest baby ever. :) I think so too.

    I have this really cool Isaac Asimov space software, if you would like to borrow it. You going to the park on Friday? I hope we're going to be up for it. I'll bring it if we do go.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)