...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Friday, January 19, 2007

Lego cars, an adorable baby, & more...

We went to 4-H today for the first session of Lego Engineering. C.O. had loads of fun - he made an airplane with a motor that made the propellers turn (which made the whole thing jump around), and then a rubber-band-car that really drove! C.J. colored pictures and had me draw a picture (and color it). We also played monster. Next time though, I need to remember to bring a snack for Miss C.J. She did eat a big lunch right before we left, but that's never enough! Of course, I can never go anywhere without some sort of melt-down... C.O. threw an absolute fit shortly before we left, because he didn't get to color pictures, while building with Legos. But, other than that we had a good time, and of course there was J's baby - he's the cutest baby ever, crawling everywhere, with his two little front bottom teeth, making those adorable little baby yells and coos. Sometimes I wish I would be having more babies, but then my two children are usually quite enough!

Other than that, we did some math today, and I hope C.O. & I can play around with my "new" copy of Phonic Pathways. I also got my copy of SOTW, which I still need to look through. Oh, and my stupid SUV is back in the shop, again. This time it's the cooling system. M & I figure we've put so much into it already that we may as well keep trying, though I admit there are days I would love to just trade it in towards something else! Crap. Well, I guess everything else has been fixed, so there's really not much left to go wrong (crossing my fingers while I knock on wood).

We've started our planetary studies - we read about Mercury yesterday, and I hope to go to my dad's tomorrow to borrow his copy of Holst's The Planets, so we can listen to the piece of music that was composed for each planet as we go. I have a copy somewhere, but since we still have stuff in boxes, I have no clue where it is. M wants to get the stuff to build a mobile in the next few weeks, which will be fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)