...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Friday, July 13, 2007

Aaaargh!!!

Okay, Jenny... I am blaming this all on you ;)... Here I was, all thinking about my unit studies for the kids, etc., and you guys are just having so much fun with SOTW. And all the archeology, cavemen. I have only 6 weeks left to actually figure this out. Crap. I guess it's not too late to change my mind. Again!

We saw the house tonight, and... drumroll please, we are drawing up all the paperwork tomorrow to make an offer. Our realtor talked to the listing agent and we're the only one with an offer in the works. And we may get a better finance rate than we thought, since we're first time buyers, and all our credit scores range from pretty decent to damn good. I have butterflies with lead feet jumping around in my stomach. And I feel like dancing, only I'm really bad at it. The kids loved it too! They were running through the rooms and the backyard like crazy. There's even a workshop out in the back of the yard for M and all his projects, so I'll finally stop having sawdust in my living room.

All I can really say is wow! And I'm terrified.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how exciting!!!!!! I have been checking in here every hour or so to hear the news.... YEAH!!!!! I am so glad you liked it and that it is feasible. That is so awesome. Best of luck. I can't wait to see it. :)

    And HA! I told you that you were the only other classical person I knew and that I wouldn't let you desert us. ;) One of the benefits I was thinking of today of chronological progression vs unit studies is that you are kind of stuck in a unit study. You have to put a certain amount of work into preparign it - especially if it's meant to last 4 to six weeks - and if the topic's a flop... what do you do then? With a chronological progression you just move on and it wasn't that big of an investment anyway. I have our core stuff that we *will* do and a bunch of other stuff that would be fun and even more that we can look into if there's that much interest... all sort of pre-thought-about but not necessarily pre-planned like you would have to do a unit study.

    Not that I'm trying to talk you out of anything! LOL. We just had the best week and I can already feel how natural the flow of chronological history is going to go. I really like the flexibility of spending as much time as they are interested in something too. Of course, I may change my tune in April or May when we are still only on Ancient Greece, lol.

    Anyway, congrats again on the house. I hope it goes well and is what you need. Let me know if you need me to take C&C for you some day. Ooooohhh spooky, I just realized... remember how I said we were supposed to sign on our house on Friday the 13th?? What is today????? :O

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)