...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Monday, July 9, 2007

My poor boy...

C.O. had an allergic reaction to something - we're thinking it's the laundry detergent MIL gave us when she got a buy-1-get-1-free deal - and the poor child has head to toe hives. Luckily, they're not very itchy, but still, it's hard to not be able to just fix it. He's on 2 medications for it now, and I am applying a topical cream to the few itchy spots every morning, noon and night. Now we just have to wait it out. I rewashed all his sheets, towels and clothes in our regular dye-free, perfume-free, hypoallergenic laundry soap of choice, so I am hoping that will help. It may be from another cause, but after reviewing his eating habits, where he's been, etc., the soap seems the likely culprit. Send your positive/healing thoughts his way, please!

Off to research jellyfish for my next speech (informative)!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, poor guy! Hives are such a stress-inducer. Ironic that they can be induced by stress, lol. Best of luck clearing them up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yike! I hope he feels better soon. ((((HUGS))))

    My kids and DH have SUPERsensitive skin, so we're all about hypoallergenic soaps. Which bums me out a little because I like nice smells. LOL So shallow of me.

    Sayyyy, did I ever reply to the other post about living all of ya'll together with family?

    My two cents: For a while, it can be a wonderful, lovely, amazing experience. In our 12 years of marriage, we've spent five of them (at different times) with in-laws (his and mine). If everyone has mellow personalities and has a very "good-for-the-group" mentality, then it's awesome. Some of my happier memories have been when we lived with my parents and all had movie nights together and such stuff. It can really be a blessing on so many levels! Everyone I know has done this at some time or another. And, being a Latina, I think absolutely nothing is wrong with extended family sharing space. : )

    ************However********* my main concern for you would be time with DH. I don't know about you and your marriage, and all marriages are their own special kind, but for me and my DH, having our private time was exceedingly difficult to get. I mean, it was seriously hard to be together --- not just physically (which presents its own troubles when walls are paper thin, LOL), but also just for he and I to have private conversations. That was the singularly biggest challenge for us in our years of living with extended family. It's easy to brush off and go, "Oh, we'll make time" but you seriously, seriously need a game plan not only for physical intimacy but just emotional intimacy or else a husband and wife can get lost in the shuffle, ya know? Anyhow, my two cents.

    It might actually be easier for you, though, because you've only got one person who is out a lot ....

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)