...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Friday, July 20, 2007

C.J. & the Bucketful of Dinosaurs....

We recently re-read Harry & the Bucketful of Dinosaurs, and now C.J. has her little purple platic bucket, full of dinosaurs, everywhere we go. It's actually pretty cute! She tries to get all the names right, but as her pronounciation is a little off, it's a bit funny.

5 weeks to go.... new home, new school year. I am collecting boxes for packing, although I can't bring myself to actually start packing until we're sure the loan has gone through, past the pre-approval stage. I feel like, if I do start packing, I'll jinx us. Probably pretty silly, but its just how things are. We're going over today to measure the rooms, look at everything more closely. The home inspection is next week, we've gotten a clear pest report, I'm researching homeowner's insurance (any recommendations?). It all feels so real and yet unreal at the same time, and a little too adult ;)

I've been looking through SOTW and making a library list. Yes, I have decided to follow my original feelings, and just go for TWTM, mostly. I also went through the
Animal Encyclopedia for Children, which the kids are very interested in, and made some library lists related to that. The animal encyclopedia has 9 sections, divided by type of habitat, and I figure we'll spend about 2 weeks on each, plus a couple of weeks on dinosaurs, before moving to human anatomy (late winter/early spring), then plants (mid-spring), and then insects (late spring). With all the chaos in our lives right now, the very solid outline of TWTM and SOTW really helps me feel that I can accomplish first-grade.

Other than that, not much new here. C.O. has spent a lot of time drawing lately - he's got one picture of a dragon and a not-lion that he's been working on for a couple of weeks. Very intricate and detailed - I'll post a pic when he finishes. I'm working about a million hours this week and next, and the only thing getting me through it is that it is temporary. I did get the upcoming Sunday off, for a birthday party followed by a birthday dinner (my mom's birthday dinner), which we're all looking forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)