...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Friday, July 20, 2007

We were just over at the house...

Doing another walk-through. Measuring rooms, checking out closet space... I found out that under the carpeting, we have hardwood! It may need refinishing, but we'll see, after a while. The family room is huge, and I get one (large) corner to set up as our schoolroom. No more projects on the dining table, no more having to stop projects to set the table. We're planning on building in bookcases in this room, so I am working on the ones for the school corner. And, while the kids will still be sharing a room, it is larger than the one they have now, so it won't be so cramped for them! Plus it has the craziest rug/carpet, which for some reason the kids love... here's a picture:


At least the carpeting in the other rooms is a light tan! I will be removing all the dusty old-people-smelling curtains as soon as possible. I have a sewing machine, so I can whip up some new ones, and my mom has offered to help. Though, what kind of curtains do I put in the kids' room with that carpet? The day we get the keys, I plan on steam-cleaning the entire place (so thankful I own a steam-cleaner), and washing down all the walls, so that when we move in, the whole place is really clean, and doesn't smell off from being closed up for several months.

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. *I* love that carpet. I love colors! And I'm way digging that cool carpet. It's so vibrant and ... and ... and IKEA-ish. I'd do like a dark gold or blue or something for curtains, though. Ya need some calm colors in there, too. LOL

    Congrats, by the way.

    You "sound" happy!

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)