...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Jumping off a cliff...

Well, at least it feels like jumping off a cliff! We are offically pre-approved for our home loan! And late tomorrow afternoon we're going to see a nice house with a huge yard, enough bedrooms, and a workshop for M. I am so excited! (Great, now I have that stupid song running through my head) Anyhow, this is the house we are most interested in, though I am slowly putting together a list of other houses, with the help of one of my ex-Safeway-coworkers, who is now a real estate agent. We decided to stick, if possible, to the town/city we're in now, since all three of us (M, BIL E, and I) have jobs here, and my college is here, as well as my mom (our only babysitter).

The kids haven't quite processed what is going on, which I expected. Buying a home is a lot for a 6 year old and 4 year old to really grasp. I think, once we get a house, they'll be thrilled, especially with a backyard, which is a major factor in any home choice we make. The one we're very interested in is vacant right now, and move-in-ready, so we may opt for a short escrow period if we get it. I'm trying to get a head start on moving this time, so I'm already going through the boxes we've never unpacked, and so far have reduced the content of those by about 60%. I think Goodwill offically loves us right now!

Other homeowners, was buying a house actually somewhat terrifying for you, or is it just me? I feel so... adult.

And a C.O. update - the combination of two prescription anti-allergy medications cleared up the hives! Yaaaay! His cute little face isn't all puffy anymore, and he's not covered in red welts. I still think it was the laundry soap, but I don't think I'll ever know for sure, since I don't intend on subjecting him to that particular soap again.

3 comments:

  1. Terrifying? ABSOLUTELY! Jumping off a cliff is SO totally it. Best of luck to you. It is such a huge relief to be done with it though.

    Want even more terrifying? On the day we signed our closing papers, Cassia was running a 101+ fever and couldn't walk. We took her to the doctor and she ended up in the hospital that very night. The funny thing was we were supposed to sign on Friday the 13th, but it got bumped up to Thursday the 12th. I was relieved but it still turned out to be a bad luck kind of day! Buying a house and wondering about if the closing is actually going to go through - scary. Wondering what is wrong with your daughter (when you are also about 4 months pregnant) and how the heck you went from a fever and weird leg pains to a week of hospitalization and almost a month of antibiotics - that is terrifying.

    LOL, just to put it into perspective. Terrifying, yes, but it could be worse. Best of luck to you. You'll be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's moving along (no pun intended) quickly! Or quickly to me, LOL, since it's not me going through the process.

    We rent, so I have no good advice or insight, but I'll keep you and the whole process in my prayers.

    And just as an aside, I'm such a geek. I keep reading "BIL E" as "Bile" or "Billy." LOL I'm a reading goofball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny's story scared me! YOIKs, Jenny! I'd forgotten about that time. I remember now. I was really concerned about Cassia ...

    *shudder*

    Man. I'm so glad everything ended up delightful for you, J.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)